Saturday 5 September 2009

First Saturday of the Month

Alright, because I don't want to have reams of little posts, I'll edit my latest one with the little bit of news I want to share. What this post was will be the first number, and then I'll just add more after that.

1. There is a blog carnival at http://www.elizabethesther.com/threes_a_crowd/2009/09/the-saturday-evening-blog-post-vol1-issue-1.html:

"THE SATURDAY EVENING BLOG POST, vol.1, issue 1

Welcome to THE SATURDAY EVENING BLOG POST!
This is where bloggers gather on the first Saturday of each month to share their latest and greatest blog posts! This month we're featuring posts from AUGUST '09!
I'll begin by sharing my post: There's A Rat In My House! I chose this post because it was such a funny incident and I'm sure our kids will be talking about it for years to come. I also think it highlights the friendly joking and camaraderie I share with my husband. We make each other laugh. A good sense of humor is super helpful when you're raising a big ol' pack of kids!
Now, I'd love to hear from YOU! Choose one post from your past month of blogging: a recipe, an inspiring story, a photo, a sad story, a piece of art. THE SATURDAY EVENING BLOG POST is a celebration of art, so please no links to products or giveaways. Thanks!
I'll leave this post up all weekend long so you'll have a chance to come back and read some of the other submissions, too."

2. I just worked from home today. That really never happens. I've been taking pictures all summer to capture our progress at the Marine Park (you've seen a few of these). Today I organized them and then wrote up a brief description of each picture in a Word document for every folder, cross referencing the afters to the befores and similar things. This took about four and a half hours. Then I went to burn them to disk and realized that my disk couldn't hold them all, so I had to break it up into two separate disks and then burn them. That took half an hour. So I worked for five hours today, from home. That's right. Five. Without any breaks in the middle.
Just made up a bit more of my holiday.

3. If I have the time, topics, and inclination, I may write a bunch of posts this long weekend in preperation for my vacation. That way there will still be material coming up while I am away. I may not do 7 Quick Takes, but instead do a post-holiday thing at the end. We'll see how my hosts are about computer lending, right?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin