Sunday 31 August 2008

Another Update--I Do Too Many Of These

1) I have no more poetry at the moment. I am sorry, skatej. I will have more in the future, however. Once I get back to school, that is. Or when I write some new stuff. Maybe I should do that. Hmmm....

2) Having just seen four theatrical performances (Romeo and Juliet, Caesar and Cleopatra, Cabaret, and Taming of the Shrew) in the city of Stratford, Ontario, I believe I have some theatre reviews to write. These fall under the "coming soon" category.

3) I'm reading a novel called The Serpent and The Rainbow by Wade Davis. The subtitle is, "A Harvard Scientist Uncovers the Startling Truth about the Secret World of Haititan Voodoo and Zombis." It's a true story, by the way, and has all sorts of interesting interludes on pharmacology, religion, Haitian culture, ideas about death, the limits of Western scientific thought, history of slavery in Haiti and the world, mind-altering drugs, and wacky inventions by European noblemen. I'll tell you a little about it when I'm done.

4) Having gone to the Pinery today, I have pictures to post. Also, I should get on that whole Jasper trip, too, eh?

5) I suppose I'll do more Dawkins stuff eventually...

And that's all. Please blog responsibly.

1 comment:

skatej said...

Goodness sorry I didn't explain that. ENT stands for Ear, Nose, and Throat [doctor]. Though the thought of a Tolkein Ent examining my nose did tickle me quite a bit.

Sadly, I did not make the rings in my banner, though you can look back at earlier entries and see what I DID make for my jewelry making class this last semester. Those are "plastic fashion rings" that a friend of mine sent to me in a care package when I was a counselor at a summer camp. I've not worked with plastics yet, just metals.
I'll be interested to hear more about that book!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin